The Speeder is for those of us who want to get out on the water and paddle for a longer distance, it's for when we fancy running rapids with a bit of speed to blast over the wave train, it's for going out on all day paddles with your lunch packed.
You can paddle it around the coast or even power it along some flat water after a hard days work. The Speeder is super versatile with its manoeuvrability and easy going nature. It's so stable it even makes packing a camera essential. Most of all the Speeder is great fun!
This is the one to enjoy every day on the river, on the sea, lake or flat water.
- A Fast U Hull Shape: Gives it pretty unparalleled efficacy through the water making the Speeder a very quick kayak when you put the power on, however if you want to just cruise along it will do that just as effortlessly too.
- Long Waterline Length: Gives great speed and tracking through the water and maximises the Speeder's efficiency.
- Low Wings: The modified shallow stern wings give very impressive secondary stability and allow the Speeder to be leaned over during a turn, allowing the hulls shape to induce the turn giving the Speeder its unique manoeuvrability and turning ability for a kayak this long.
- Rear Hatch: For carrying extra gear or a full lunch. It's pretty big!
- Connect Seat (Connect River): Adjustable padded seat with adjustable backrest and thigh grips.
- Connect Grab Handles: All our grab handles are made using climbing grade webbing, as we only want webbing that you could trust in a climbing harness in our kayaks.
- Foam Bulkhead: Adds extra buoyancy to the kayak.
USAGE: River Running, River Tour, Fitness, Compeition
OUTFITTING: Connect, Rapid
DECK SIZE: Keyhole
OPTIONS: Sharks Tooth Footrest
DIMENSIONS, VOLUME & WEIGHT
|Length ||450cm / 14' 9"|
|Width ||60cm / 23.5"|
|External Cockpit Length ||90cm / 35.5"|
|External Cockpit Width ||49.5cm / 19.5"|
|Volume ||366l / 96gal (US)|
|Weight ||22kg / 48.5lb|
|Optimum Paddler Weight ||55 - 125kg / 121 - 275lb|
Connect Seat: Simple seat pan with padded liner plus front to back adjustment.
Connect Hip Pads: Padded, thermoformed hip pads with adjustment shims for a secure fit.
Connect Thigh Grips: Padded, lightweight thigh grips with fore/aft adjustment.
Connect Ratchet Backband: Padded backband with height adjustment and ratchet adjustable support.