The Pyranha 9R Kayak with Stout 2 Outfitting, it's just short of 9 foot so within the race category for competition all over the world. It's not just for races though and many people will paddle the 9R as their every day go to boat.
It has a long water line and is pretty narrow so being quick is a big positive paddling this boat. It's super easy to roll due to it's narrow width and has the agility of a much smaller kayak best suited to driven paddler style. The 9R has an extreme bow rocker and clever wave deflectors which are a good part of how it's so fast through the water.
The 9R's edges are soft at the front and getting harsher towards the back allowing for smooth carving and aiding tracking during power strokes.
- Swede Form Hull: Asymmetric Swede form hull with narrow width for speed.
- Continuous Rocker: For speed.
- Wave Deflector: The latest Pyranha innovative feature, deflects most waves away from the kayak, generating dynamic lift and stopping surface tension, so it doesn't load the kayak with massive weight and slow the kayak down
- High, Roundend, Flatter Bow: High bow to lift over obstacles, punch through holes and resurface quickly. Rounded edges for forgiveness help to keep you on line. Flatter bow hull directs water under hull for quick bursts to hull speed.
- Slight Edge: Starting in the center running to stern for control.
- Release Off Stern: Clean release off stern with edge.
- Aluminium Grab Handles: New 2014 Aluminium grab handles are stronger and more durable. Attached with captive inserts for a drier ride.
- Stout Seat: Longer, more ergonomically shaped seat pan provides a 3 way adjustable system that gives a bomb proof seating position.
USAGE: Creek, River Running, Compeition
OUTFITTING: Stout 2, Race
DECK SIZE: Large
OPTIONS: Custom Colour, Hookers
DIMENSIONS, VOLUME & WEIGHT
|Sizes ||9R |
|Length ||271cm / 8' 11" |
|Width ||64cm / 25.2" |
|External Cockpit Length ||95cm / 37.4" |
|External Cockpit Width ||50cm / 19.5" |
|Volume|| 295l / 78gal (US) |
|Weight ||21kg / 46lb |
|Optimum Paddler Weight ||60 - 95kg / 132 - 209lb|
STOUT 2 - €1.249,-
Stout Seat:Simple, solid, and highly ergonomic padded seat with trim adjustment and height adjustment shim.
Stout 2 Hip Pads: Deep-fill, oversized hip pads that mould to your shape, with foam adjustment shims for a snug fit.
Stout 2 Thigh Grips: Padded, contoured thigh grips with fore/aft adjustment and an optional hooker upgrade.
Ratchet Backband: Padded backband with height adjustment and ratchet adjustment support.
Race ( lightweight Stout 2): €1.399,-