The Jed isn't like the others; it's longer than its competitors, which allows for a more fluid distribution of volume and comparatively slicy ends for easier trick initiation. Extra length also makes the Jed faster on a wave and smoother on end in a hole.
A unique 'V-Chine' in the hull at the stern frees up the back end for spins and edge transitions while surfing, and also adds to the dynamic speed on a wave. Smooth transition of volume to the core of the boat produces some incredible pop in a hole and the deceptively smooth lines over all give an obscenely fast and aggressive ride on any wave.
Over the past few years Pyranha has seen some amazing displays of freestyle talent from paddlers using the Jed, ranging from competition wins to new and exciting combo moves, but what we're most proud of is the doors that the Jed has opened to everyone in Freestyle; from the Pro looking to push the boundaries of the sport to the beginner looking to hit their first vertical ends.
The Jed is our best and most proven freestyle design, and it's not done yet!
- Full Progressive Rocker: Gives a really fast, loose hull.
- V Hull In The Stern: Loosens up the stern for easy edge to edge transitions.
- Super Slicy Bow and Stern: Makes for smooth initiation of vertical moves.
- Core Volume Distribution: Gives maximum pop.
- Overthruster: Helps prevent deck implosion and volume loss giving maximum pop for aerial moves.
- Anodised Bow & Stern Rescue: Pyranha Connect rescue points, made by UK climbing specialist DMM who manufacture our security bars with the same process that has held them at the forefront of the climbing market for years.
- Connect Grab Handles: All our grab handles are made using climbing grade webbing, as we only want webbing that you could trust in a climbing harness in our kayaks.
- Stout Seat: Longer, more ergonomically shaped seat pan provides a 3 way adjustable system that gives a bomb proof seating position.
OUTFITTING: Stout, Connect
DECK SIZE: Keyhole
OPTIONS: Custom Colour (Stout)
DIMENSIONS, VOLUME & WEIGHT
|Length ||175cm / 5' 9" ||180cm / 5' 11" ||186cm / 6' 1"|
|Width ||63cm / 24.7" ||65cm / 25.5" ||67cm / 26.5" |
|External Cockpit Length ||86cm / 34" ||86cm / 34" ||86cm / 34"|
|External Cockpit Width ||48cm / 18.7" ||48cm / 18.7" ||48cm / 18.7"|
|Volume ||178l / 47gal (US) ||208l / 55gal (US) ||235l / 62gal (US) |
|Weight ||13kg / 28.5lb ||13.5kg / 30lb ||14kg / 31lb|
|Optimum Paddler Weight ||40 - 70kg / 88 - 154lb ||55 - 90kg / 121 - 198lb ||80 - 110kg / 176 - 243lb |
Stout Seat: Simple, solid, and highly ergonomic padded seat with trim adjustment and height adjustment shim.
Connect Hip Pads: Padded, thermoformed hip pads with adjustment shims for a secure fit.
Connect Thigh Grips: Padded, lightweight thigh grips with fore/aft adjustment.
Connect Ratchet Backband: Padded backband with height adjustment and ratchet adjustable support.