Red hand-held, short range distress signal. Used to pinpoint location by day or night. Burns for 60 seconds at 15,000 candela. Features a unique telescopic handle making it very compact and space saving when stowed in a liferaft. Easily extended and pull wire operated.
For use day or night the Pains Wessex Mk8 red Handflare is a short- range distress signal used to pinpoint position. May be carried on ships bridge and six are required to be fitted in ships lifeboats and liferafts. The handflare is suitable for use on other commercial and recreational boats. Also available is the Pains Wessex White Collision Warn-off Handflare which is for use day or night when a collision danger exists or for the illumination of small areas outside.
1. Pull out red end until telescopic tube is fully extended and engaged.
2. Unscrew red end cap and point away.
3. Pull ball out sharply to fire.
4. Hold at arms length. Point Downwind. End plug ejects after 2 seconds delay.
Packing & Transport Information
- 100 flares in 1 fibreboard box
- Gross Weight Max: 18.20 kg (40.12 lb.)
- Net Weight Max: 17.6 kg (38.8 lb.)
- Measurements of fibreboard box: 37 x 27 x 27cm (15 x 11 x 11 in) • Net Explosive Content per box Max: 6.3 kg (13.89 lb.)
- Hazard Class 1.4G
- UN 0191
- Proper Shipping Name: Signal Devices, Hand
- Other Information: Cargo Aircraft Only
Ideally, both products should be stored in the robust, specially designed Polybottle, or in a dry, easily accessed location at ambient temperature.