The Pains Wessex Para Red MK8A Rocket conforms to SOLAS 74/88 as amended. Designed to withstand exceptional environmental exposure and to perform reliably even after immersion in water, the pull wire ignitor and improved grip provides easy handling. Ejecting a red flare on a parachute at 300m (1000ft), burning for 40 seconds at 30,000 candela
A day or night long-range distress signal. 12 may be carried on ships bridge and there is a requirement for 4 in ships lifeboats and liferafts. Also suitable for use in other commercial and recreational boats.
1. Hold signal firmly by ribbed handle. Unscrew RED bottom cap. Do not point at people or property.
2. Hold rocket vertically above head pointing away from body.
3. Ensure hands remain clear of top. To fire - pull red ball sharply down.
Packing & Transport Information
- •56 rockets in 2 metal tins in a fibreboard box
- Gross weight 16.3 kg (35.93 lb.)
- Net weight 13.7 kg (30.20 lb.)
- Measurements of fibreboard box: 47 x 27 x 35 cm (18.5 x 10.6 x 13.8 in) • Net Explosive Content per box Max: 5.152 kg (11.36 lb.)
- Hazard Class 1.4G
- UN 0505
- Proper Shipping Name: Signals, Distress, Ship • Other Information: Cargo Aircraft Only
Ideally, should be stored in the robust, specially designed Polybottle, or in a dry, easily accessed location at ambient temperature.
Conforms to SOLAS 74 as amended, IMO Resolution 81(70) and 96/98/ EC. MED - BGV 425.007 : BAM-P2-0059, 0589-P2-0046, USCG, and other major maritime authorities world wide.