Undoubtedly the most versatile and exciting polyethylene sea kayak design around, the Delphin’s cockpit has been positioned further back than in traditional sea kayak design, giving a fi ne balance that, in combination with the progressive bow rocker, leaves the front of the boat just kissing the water, resulting in superb manoeuvrability and excellent positioning when riding even the steepest of waves.
You don’t have to be an expert to appreciate what the Delphin has to off er though; a fl at hull profi le at the mid-section provides confi dence inspiring primary stability, and the squared-off stern increases the boat’s eff ective waterline and engages when forward paddling, ensuring you have enough straight line speed to keep up on short to mid-length expeditions.
Far from being a niche kayak and only suitable for experts in big conditions, it has a great deal to off er as a kayak for paddlers of all abilities. Beginners will make rapid progress and its forgiving nature, with no “nasty handling surprises”, will help paddlers advance their skills and push their comfort zones, whatever their level.
Choose this kayak for:
- Perfect for ocean play and short to mid-length expeditions.
- Carefully balanced stern weighting for ultimate positioning on waves.
- High volume, dynamically shaped bow punches through waves and resurfaces quickly.
- Generous bow rocker prevents purling and keeps your head dry.
- Hard bow chines pick up quickly for control on a wave.
- Flat mid-section hull is super stable and manoeuvrable.
- Squared-off stern increases waterline for fl at water speed and aids tracking.
- Low back deck and cockpit rim allow easy rolling and re-entry.
USAGE: Ocean Play, Short Expeditions
CONSTRUCTION: CoreLite X
DECK SIZE: Small (150), Large (155)
- Silva 70p Compass €115,-
- Sail System €379,-
- Full Plate Footrests €99,-
- 4 hatches
|MODEL ||LENGTH ||WIDTH||VOLUME||WEIGHT||LOAD|
|150 ||457 cm||55 cm||247 L||25 kg||40–105 kg|
|155 ||475 cm|| 57 cm||267 L||25.5 kg||65–125 kg|